Location: Kuala Lumpur | Malaysia
Job Type: Full Time
Job Area: Processing Services Team
Applications Close: 31 Aug 2019
Liberty Specialty Markets, offers specialty and commercial line insurance and reinsurance across Asia Pacific.
Find out what it takes to be part of a global Fortune 100 company that exists to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow.
- Global company.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Career development opportunities.
- Team-work culture.
The Finance Processing Services Assistant, is primarily responsible for ensuring that receipting, allocations, specific debt management activities, payments processing and other finance services, as well as associated journals and reconciliations are completed in accordance with Liberty policy and procedural guidelines accurately and in a timely manner. The role requires interaction with internal and external stakeholders to ensure minimum outstanding debts levels are maintained, unallocated cash is minimized and payments are correctly processed.
- Processing and allocating receipts and payments in accordance with Liberty policy and procedure
- Ensuring unallocated cash is maintained at a minimum level and followed up actively
- Sending finance email chasers for overdue broker debt and taking relevant action for responses received
- Responding to debtor related queries and unallocated cash variances from internal and external customers as required
- Informing the Finance Processing Services Team Leader of unallocated cash and debtor issues or payments issues that may arise
- Maintaining records of documents processed for ready access and producing various reports when required
- Assisting with month end accounting procedures and with the production of monthly or quarterly reports as required
- Responsible for keeping procedural notes and manual up to date for all assigned tasks
- Contributing to process performance reviews, efficiency reviews and audits as required
- Maintaining a highly effective and responsive working relationship with all internal and external stakeholders
- Prioritising work commitments ensuring daily, weekly and monthly workflows are managed effectively
- Ensuring compliance with all legal, statutory and corporate affairs requirements on a timely basis
Qualifications and Soft Skills
- High level of customer focus – internal and external
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy skills
- High ability to manage through IT systems, including advanced Microsoft excel skills and preferably a working knowledge of SAP
- Strong prioritisation and time management skills
- Demonstrated accounting experience, preferably in Accounts Receivable or Accounts Payable
- Previous relevant experience in the Insurance industry desirable, however, fresh Graduates are also encouraged to apply as training will be provided
- Sound oral and written English communication skills
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline would be highly desirable (Accounting, Finance, Business)
Does this role sound like you or know someone great? If so, then we would love to hear from you.
If you believe you can make a positive contribution to our team and want to be part of Liberty’s exciting future we would love to hear from you.
Please click APPLY NOW and attach your resume.
Agencies – We’ve got this covered!